*SAR National Color Guard Event* You’re invited to the 238th Anniversary of the Battle of Cowan’s Ford beginning at 10:00am at Hopewell Presbyterian Church, 10500 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville, NC 28078. Our annual biscuit and coffee breakfast begins at 9:00am. This year’s speaker is Jeremiah DeGennaro, the site manager of the Alamance Battleground Historic Site. His […]
Capitol East Entrance:
- 11:00 a.m. Raleigh Concert Band
- 12:00 p.m. Ceremony begins outdoors
- Capitol will be open for self-guided tours from 11-3.
The day will host a ceremony that includes a reading from the Declaration of Independence and a wreath-laying at the George Washington monument by the Sons of the American Revolution. Raleigh Concert Band will be performing. Bring your chairs and a picnic lunch! The ceremony begins outdoors at noon. And to celebrate America’s independence, the Capitol will have birthday cupcakes at 1:00, for as long as supplies last.
- Join in a variety of activities!!
- Carriage Rides
- Food Vendors
- Join us at the NC SAR Raleigh Chapter Table to celebrate our country’s birthday!!!